Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Revived 70's Piece


I got this beauty at a yard sale when I was leaving my bank! I had to do a lot of work to get her back into shape. It was not a solid wood piece, it was made from some type of fake wood. I was a little worried about it... I went with Annie Sloan Paris Grey and Old white on this piece.

I had to patch quite a few holes on this one. I just used a simple Russel Do It wood filler. I was worried about being able to tell after I painted it but you couldn't!!!! When I sanded the piece the dust from the paint help fill any crack or holes. Which is another reason I love this paint SO MUCH!!

I was thinking about putting a dark wax on it but after the first coat of clear I decided against it. I have a fear of the dark wax for some reason?? But i recently found out that its best to apply a layer of clear wax before your dark... hmmmm sounds better... I will try this in the near future and let you all be the judge....
I distressed this piece heavily around every edge then in the drawers where the old white is i scratched them lightly. I use a light grade of sand paper because I only want to get down to the top layer of the wood. I don't like to put scratches into the piece.


Love when clients send me a picture of their piece in their home!
Hope you enjoy!
Jami

No comments:

Post a Comment