Tuesday, May 6, 2014

For the Love of Chalk Paint



Hey Guys!!!
I want to do a page on your questions!
Such as my favorite chalk paint colors, how long do I let a piece dry before I repaint or wax it, do I use ASCP tools or random brands, etc...
Please message me with them and I'll start the answering!

Where do I buy my chalk paint?

I have two stores that I buy from. One is in Montgomery and called Faux Studios the other is in Pelham right off 31 called Soul Kitchen. Or vice versa on the store names. You can search stores in your area on the Annie Sloan website. ( For my Alabama people)  Both are owned by the same lady. I recently bought some paint from a store in Irondale, but I don't know the name though.

Do I always wax a piece?

I usually always do a coat of clear wax but you do not have to add it. The texture will be more chalkly/dry to the touch. Its very pretty. This is a piece I did not wax.

 Its very clean. The clear wax will change/darken the color you use lightly.
About the dark wax.... Its not my favorite. I feel like it looks dirty when added to a lighter colored piece. (Pure white, Old white, Ochre) I like using the dark wax on Arles, Coco, French Linen, Emperors Silk. When it's added to Duck Egg its changes it to a green color.

What is my dream piece of furniture?

That would definitely be a cast iron bed for my daughters room. I have one but I would want it to look like this.


 I LOVE these!!!!
She will have one when she is big girl ready!
I recently painted her room Benjamin Moore Pleasant Valley and it will be beautiful with this white bed! 
I will do a new blog soon on her room!

Do I like Antoinette Pink and how would it look on an old bed?

I have never used that particular color but I have picked it up many times and debated on it. I think this would be absolutely gorgeous in a girls room or bathroom.

Check this out too! You can do this mixture with any chalk paint color.

2 comments:

  1. Here are a few questions - Where do you buy ASCP? I'm thinking of redoing my Granny's bedroom suite in the "Antoinette" pink and maybe add some white accents - what do you think? It'll be for LP when she graduates to a big girl bed. :) Would you add the wax over it - do you have to add the wax? What's one piece you would love do for yourself (price isn't an option - pretend you're rich and just hit an antique jackpot) and what colors would you use? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ryan I hope I answered your questions!

    ReplyDelete