Friday, April 25, 2014

Lil Miss Mary


Meet Miss Mary!
We have a love/hate relationship! She needed A LOT of TLC... Because I just loved her so much I couldn't give up. This is one of the pieces from my blog about Pickin. The top of the piece had been previously painted, sanded, water damage, basically destroyed. But visually looks amazing.

 First I had to get my dad to help me nail back the top and wood glue it. (I've learned so much here lately) 
After all that I decided to paint her Old White on the details and Coco all over, which I really like. 



I could have fixed all the flaws in the chest but I really felt it added character.
I used about 3 coats of  paint on this piece. Each piece takes the paint differently. I wanted a full coverage.
I always sand my pieces before I wax because I like the way the wax colors the wood when sanded. ( if that makes sense) If it doesn't please leave me a comment below. The pictures below are after all coats of paint and sanded.

 





Below is after one coat of Clear wax. I now use the AS wax brush, I feel like it gives better coverage in the corners and details of the piece. Her brushes are really worth the money.




As I have said before I would have finished this piece after the clear wax application. But I have been wanting to use the dark wax so here is how it turned out! I put a thick layer of the dark wax on with my brush then used a clean rag to wipe over it after to make it smooth and even.
I really like how it aged the piece and gave it more character!



SOLD Price $250 SOLD

PLEASE leave a comment and tell me how you like it!!!
Jami
Jncarlee@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment