Thursday, May 29, 2014

China Chic!


Turned out to be beautiful!
I learn something new on every piece I paint. And that is expected because most are old, used, and have a story to tell. This beauty told a story of grease.
This is painted in Annie Sloan Old White and Duck Egg.
Graphite is on the handles
Lightly Distressed
Clear wax all over


After the first layer of old white I noticed these "spots" coming thru that looked like grease drops. 
So, I thought well it will be hidden by the next coat.
You can see the spots below.


After coat 2, 3, 4... You get the picture..
So I called someone and they suggested putting a layer of clear wax on it then painting it again!
IT WORKED!!
Needless to say, lesson learned.
And yes I did clean the piece prior to painting.


This was my first time painting glass with ASCP. It went on perfect!
(as it says on the can)



My customer wanted a dark handle so I used the graphite which turned out perfect!



Overall it turned out BEAUTIFUL!
To have been really worried in the beginning!








No comments:

Post a Comment