Monday, April 28, 2014

Paris Grey Dresser



This was a customer request piece. 
She wanted a solid grey dresser, distressed, and add some bling to it!
I used ASCP (of course) in Paris Grey all over. I did about 3 coats on this piece. I have found out that if I keep my brush slightly dampened (with water) the paint applies better. It is a very thick paint to begin with. The added water lets you stretch the paint out more.

I found this piece on an online yard sale site,This is actually the picture that was posted. So as you can tell it was in good shape when bought, I did not do any extra work on it. It was in excellent condition. I always get my husband to pick up my pieces for me. This helps out greatly, (and also is safer :)


I decided to only add the bling knobs to the top of the piece because the others were in such good condition.
I got the top knobs from Hobby Lobby and they actually matched the bronze exactly to the old ones.
Also the knob that went on the middle door was so interesting I wanted to continue to use it.
If a piece has any type of design in the wood I try to play into it. I usually will heavily distress that one area with sand paper so it pops. I did this on the flower of this piece and the door.
After painting and sanding I added a clear wax to seal it. I didn't want to use the dark wax because she was not wanting to age the piece.
 It turned out pretty, the client matched it with a  navy and grey chevron comforter.
Enjoy- Jami
Jncarlee@aol.com



No comments:

Post a Comment