Friday, May 9, 2014

The Crab Shack Table


This table totally goes with the customers personality! She's happy, vibrant, and has a great spirit!
She told me I have some chairs I want you to paint to go along with my crab shack table. To be honest I was like, what's a crab shack table? After seeing it I realized it's literally like the tables at a crab shack! (Bucket and all)

Each chair has two coats of ASCP, a heavy distressing, and a coat of clear wax. 
When distressing a piece I try to make it flow. I HATE when I see a piece and someone has turned it into a CHEETAH! Why scratch spots all over a beautiful piece. Make it flow with the wood like it was naturally knocked over, or slightly worn from sitting in it! 


These were her grandmothers chairs which made them even more special. We turned something old into something fun and usable in her home!
Here's to your new table Hippy Hope! 
Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment